Vih'mera

Vih'mera
Purely Penance!

Friday, November 12, 2010

Hurt to Heal? Smite Discussion

First off, Happy Veteran's Day yesterday! I'd like to personally say thanks to the Vets. Thank you for standing up for something and for giving me my freedoms. Thank you for leaving your family and friends to keep this country safe. Thank you for dealing with the effects from war long after you've returned home. I hope 'home' will once more feel like home to you.

Now onto Disc things...
I've been playing with two different Discipline specs over the last few days. One which includes the [Evangelism]/[Archangel]/[Atonement] [Spec]. And of course, for those leery of Smite Spamming - the non-terrifying-seemingly-normal spec. *Note, I have also been playing around with the difference between putting points in Darkness vs. Divine Fury - but those discrepancies aren't really related to this topic.

Due to school obligations and end-of-semester professors showing their evil sides, I haven't been able to test these in ICC. So, although 5-man heroics are NOT the place to test much of anything - this was where it has been done.

A few things I've noticed:
Archangel Spec:
Obviously, in 5-mans everything dies relatively quickly. But during a long term fight I can definitely see how one could weave in smites between heals. I also think it's going to be nearly impossible to skip come Cataclysm, especially if mana is going to be a precious resource as Blizz has already promised. It's definitely going to take some practice; but, if patterned correctly, it seems as though you can almost always have Archangel active. Yay to more heals!

Sin-Archangel Spec:
Again, this was tested in 5-man heroics. But after logging about two or so hours in each spec I've noticed drastic mana differences. Even in a stage of the game where mana shouldn't matter. I found myself only casting the heals that I needed while in this spec to conserve mana, where as in the Archangel spec I was bubbling and spamming all my heals to my little healer heart's content! I have a feeling that, come Cataclysm, Disc priests are going to have to focus on regen stats much more whole-heartedly if they don't pick up Archangel and learn to use it effectively.

Have any of you wonderful Priest players fooled around in these specs and found some cool things out?

Upcoming: For those of you who know me, you know I'm crazy about mods, UI's and had a great line of tutorials going. I'm going to try to update those and get them up and running!

Best wishes!
Vihmera

No comments:

Post a Comment